Darland High School
- Candidates must be able to teach across the ability and age range, supporting the development of Science to the highest standards for all pupils at Key Stages 3 and 4.
- To contribute to the continuous improvement of this very successful department.
- To promote and adhere to the school’s values and be passionate about enabling students to develop a love of Science.
Darland High School is an English-medium secondary school in North East Wrexham. In September 2019 Joanne Lee was appointed as Headteacher. Since this time the school has been undergoing significant system change in many areas, and developing a strong culture of collegiate support and constant improvement. We are looking for a confident and enthusiastic individual who enjoys working with pupils to help them succeed. The ability to inspire others within a creative environment is essential.
We are looking for a passionate teacher of Science who can teach KS3-4, preferably a Physics or Chemistry specialist but who also has an ability to teach all three Sciences. This post offers an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and committed teacher to work within a dedicated and successful team. The department has celebrated good GCSE results over recent years which is testament to the passion and commitment of the teachers.
At Darland we have seven purpose-built laboratories, two dedicated technicians, a large communal workroom and a set of chrome books. We also boast a very supportive Science team who are passionate about inspiring learners through collaborative teaching. We constantly strive to utilise innovative teaching strategies and are enthusiastic about implementing these in the new Curriculum for Wales.
At GCSE, pupils are entered for Double Award Science or Separate Science. The team supports a successful STEM club that runs on a weekly basis and enriches pupil’s experiences in Science. We have made substantial links with our primary schools developing transition project work, loaning equipment and meeting frequently prior to the pandemic.
Please contact the Head’s PS, Mrs Clare Pickup on firstname.lastname@example.org directly if you wish to have a tour of the site and a discussion about the role prior to the deadline.
- Deliver a consistently high quality of teaching, learning, assessment and high standards of achievement.
- Work within the Science department to continue to raise standards and achievement through excellent teaching.
- Work within the Science department to inspire imaginative and effective approaches to learning and teaching of mathematics which consistently drive up progress and attainment standards
- Evaluate student target and performance data for their teaching as required and ensure it is analysed as set out in the school calendar or other such documents
- Positively engage and partake in all activities and events within the Darland High School calendar
- Demonstrate positive approaches in matters relating to student discipline and contact with parents
- Assist in producing and updating programmes of study and schemes of work including suitable assessments for each learning plan for the Science department
- Be a model of excellent practice in teaching and learning
- Ensure that there is an atmosphere conducive to quality learning within the curriculum area, and that students’ experiences are challenging, stimulating and differentiated according to need
- To be an active member of the department through involvement in course development, consultation and planning on whole school issues
- To undertake other tasks as appropriate and consistent with the Teachers’ Pay and Conditions of service
- To teach across the age and ability range
- Undertake relevant duties as may be required by the Headteacher
- Contribute to an environment where students are motivated to achieve and thrive in engaging, challenging and effectively planned lessons.
- Ensure a culture of aspiration is established through a focus on high standards in all lessonsusingquestioning,reading and writing and preparation for tests,and assessments.
- To uphold the school’s policies with regard to Safeguarding and Child Protection,and ensure the safety and wellbeing of all learners.
- To work openly within the framework of best practice identified in the school’s safeguarding policy.
- To report any concerns regarding pupil safety or staff working practices to the DSP.
The information contained above is to help staff understand and appreciate the work content of their post and the role they are to play in the organisation. However, it should be noted that whilst every effort has been made to outline all the duties and responsibilities of the post, a document such as this does not permit every item to be specified in detail. Broad headings may therefore have been used, in which case all the usual associated duties are included in this job description.
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes’ Fair Recruitment Policy.
Posted 1 day ago
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://uk.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Teacher+Science&c=Darland+High+School&l=Wrexham&jk=6be2cb431d0fbe8d&rtk=1g2qnii8pt4gv800&from=rss→