Parliamentary Digital Service
At the Parliamentary Digital Service (PDS), our Service Desk Managers are at the very heart of the community. We are the first point of contact for the 9,000 people who pass through the corridors each day. From Members of the Houses of Commons and Lords to parliamentary students and the Deputy Prime Minister. We work to ensure that Parliament is provided with the best possible tools and services.
We are making great advances in digital and technology. This is your opportunity to shape the way this department operates and make your name in something new. Join us and you will:
- take full responsibility of the day-to-day management of your support area
- work closely with two other managers to oversee a team of Service and Senior Service Desk Analysts
- create an inclusive professional working environment for you and your team through encouragement, support and suggested training
- continuously embed a culture of improvement and collaboration to create a support centre of excellence for our customers
- oversee the size of your team, recruiting where necessary and taking full responsibility for inducting all new staff
- identify a complimentary IT specialism in order to provide the best possible advice and support system
- monitor and maintain your team’s performance and customer satisfaction levels
- act as the face of digital customer services and confidently engage with customers and suppliers
- promote self-service to create and amend customer-facing knowledge with our knowledge manager.
What You Need
We’re looking for senior-level experience of supervising and leading staff in a customer service environment.
With this, you’ll bring:
- great relationship-building skills – with key customers, stakeholders and colleagues
- excellent technical knowledge of a wide range of hardware and software used in organisations similar to PDS
- well-rounded communication skills
- the ability to explain technical issues to non-technical people
- the proven ability to plan and organise a team efficiently to manage workloads and meet fluctuating deadlines
- strong problem-solving and analytical skills with the eye for developing and improving processes
- the ability to pass security clearance, backed by the right to work in the UK.
About The Team
PDS is a large, diverse and dedicated team. Our 450 colleagues operate as a joint venture with both Houses of Parliament to provide technology and intranet services for all Parliamentary users. We’re responsible for the strategic direction of Parliament’s offering but also the delivery and management of all parliamentary digital platforms.
The work that we do supports Parliament through a variety of digital services and developments. This is an exciting time to be working here. We’re currently undergoing a digital transformation programme that’ll fundamentally change the way Parliament works.
UK Parliament is steeped in history and tradition. It is an important part of UK life and we need to ensure as many people as possible can engage with its work. This is why we are at the start of a huge transformation programme powered by technology. The Parliamentary Digital Service (PDS) works with the House of Commons and the House of Lords with all their IT and digital needs. We are here to realise the digital ambitions of a modern Parliament and welcome you to join us in building a digital democracy.
Please refer to our Candidate Information Pack for a full list of our benefits which include:
- up to 35 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays
- generous maternity pay policy up to 6 months full pay
- great pension scheme options (contributory and non-contributory)
- on-site subsidised gym, nursery, catering, post office, travel office and GP
- flexible options including hybrid working and family friendly policies
How To Apply
Please make sure you’re clear on the requirements of the role. These can be found in the Job Description and Candidate Information Pack. You will need to upload a CV showing how you meet the first five criterion. In addition to a CV, please complete a supporting statement to demonstrate how you meet the Criterion 1, Criterion 3 and Criterion 5 listed on the job description. Our application process is anonymous, so please remove any personal information from your CV and supporting statement.
Apply By: 5th October 2022 at 23:55
Interviews: Friday 14th October
Format: Presentation + Panel Interview (Remote)
For our people, we provide an amazing opportunity to bring their talents to an institution that sits right at the heart of society in the UK. We are helping to change UK Parliament and strengthen democracy. What matters here is your potential for growth and your commitment to playing your part in our ongoing success.
We are passionate about providing an environment which promotes inclusion, diversity and equality. Regardless of your age, gender, ethnicity, beliefs or any of the other things that make you, you. We welcome applications from people who feel under-represented in the workforce. This includes those who may feel disadvantaged because of their socioeconomic circumstances.
Contact Name: Parliamentary Digital Service
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.technojobs.co.uk/job/3146497/service-desk-manager/→