My client a leading Energy Supplier based in Sunbury is looking for a Senior Platform Engineer for a 12month contract @ 900 per day.
• Proven experience with an identity provider – ForgeRock Identity Cloud or equivalent e.g. Auth0 or Okta.
• Experience with Terraform for scripting in CIP components outside of ForgeRock eg. in AWS
• Experience with continuous integration using a YAML-based CI/CD tool such as AzureDevOps, GitLab or Git Hub Actions.
• Experience with a metrics or monitoring tool, including the ability to perform queries against observability data. Experience with tools such as Splunk and Azure App Insights.
• Experience of AWS administration for components such as SES, S3, Cloudfront, Cloudwatch, Lambda, EC2, including environment or network issues
• Experience of Agile IT Service Management (ITSM)
• Experience with leading production support in a global environment, including technical incident resolution & playing the role of Incident Manager for critical incidents. You’ll have supported these production systems through on-call rotations.
• Knowledge or experience of identity authentication protocols eg. OAUTH, OIDC and SAML
• Knowledge of Mulesoft as this role will be responsible for observability and CI/CD in relation to Mulesoft components in the platform eco-system
• Experience with Customer Identity & Access Management
Are you looking for a career in tech that truly helps make the world a better place? The Company is moving through the biggest transition in its 100+ year history with the goal of becoming one of the world’s largest renewable energy providers and achieving net zero carbon emissions by 2050. To make this transition, we are hiring staff platform engineers.
Platform Engineering is a cross-functional team involved in all phases of our application and service release lifecycle that embrace and promote the DevOps & SRE methodologies. Platform Engineers are partly responsible for design, implementation, and ongoing support of the production services, applications and platform components that comprise our backends. In this role you will have the opportunity to leverage your technical skills in systems management, software development and database skills, to promote best-practice and support the broader organization by implementing the guiderails to operate safely, by building maturity and forging greater adoption and higher maturity for Agile delivery.
We believe in doing whatever it takes (both technical and non-technical) to build, maintain and provide a curated platform experience for the communities using it. We prioritize self-service & automation, clear boundaries & responsibilities, reliability and ensure the platforms we build are flexible and evolvable.
The company’s Innovation & Engineering (I&E) organization is the central organization for all digital development. We build all the technology that powers the businesses, from upstream energy production to downstream delivery of energy to our customers.
We are currently creating a new Customer Identity Platform to replace the current platform with a bestin-class digital identity solution. The new CIP will facilitate a self-service developer experience and allow us to create a more scalable and intuitive offering for our internal customers. The scope and importance of this work are immense, as it underpins the delivery of a quality, reliable and easy-to-use consumer experience across some of the business’ core products and services, and therefore provides a fantastic opportunity to work at the leading edge of high-impact transformation. We are looking for a Platform Engineer to join us at this incredibly exciting time as we progress through building out the platform and ramping up adoption & migration of products teams, from the current platform.
What you will do for us…
• Be responsible for leading the Run & Automate squad for the new Customer Identity Platform, focusing on SRE, innovation and customer centricity. This will include establishing ways of working, runbooks, operating procedures and team processes with our new supplier.
• Responsible for service reliability and following site-reliability engineering best practices: on-call rotations for services you oversee, responsible for defining and maintaining platform metrics.
• Aim to achieve Zero Ops, with regular automation of patterns for recurrent issues.
• Focus on customer centricity and feedback loops as the Run & Automate team is the face to the developer community that rely on the platform. This will enable a continuous focus on learning & innovation, to deliver new patterns & features as we mature the platform.
• Primary focus on platform identity provisioning and configuration, including all supporting infrastructure.
• This is a hands-on role where you will have the opportunity to build out platform improvement features, observability and automation, based on backlog items and feature requests from the product teams.
• Work with the business, product management, design and software engineers to translate product requirements into platform delivery.
• Demonstrate technical thought leadership across platform engineering technologies. • Builds awareness of internal and external technology developments.
• Adheres to and advocates for platform engineering best practices (e.g., technical design review, Internet protocols, security protocols, authentication protocols, coding standards and reviews, source control management, documentation, build processes and operations)
• Actively contributes to improve developer velocity and product availability.
• Provide leadership to engineers including suppliers and ensure work is done based on team principles. Provide technical guidance, mentors others and become a conduit to connect the broader organization.
• Drive automation of application deployments utilizing strategic patterns and DevSecOps approved CI/CD pipelines.
• Define monitoring requirements eg. system capacity & health indicators, and implement automated incident resolution solutions.
• Design, implement and manage continuous integration, build management and deployment scripts and systems.
• Responsible for deploying secure and well-tested solutions that meets privacy and compliance requirements
Contact Name: Eilidh Smith
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.technojobs.co.uk/job/3147104/senior-platform-engineer-sunburyremote-12months-900-per-day-ir35/→