IT Senior Network Systems Engineer
Our Client is a Bank based in the City of London, are looking to recruit an IT Senior Network Systems Engineer ideally with at least 7 to 10 years of experience in IT ideally from within the banking financial industry.
You will be working in a small team managing the day-to-day technology infrastructure to ensure that the Bank can operate efficiently.
The Client would like the following key skills:
CCNP level networking
Solarwinds – Service Desk Software experience
Experience of Palo Alto firewalls
Firemon – Network Security Devices and Policy Management
Complex Switches experience is essential.
Experience of Avaya PABX systems
- Responsible for the maintenance of the IT infrastructure of the Bank by providing first line support of software, hardware and networking that incudes installation, configuration and troubleshooting
- Manage day to day operational aspects of a project and scope
- To design, plan and deploy IT projects to enhance the existing IT infrastructure and also any applications required by the bank.
- End User Computing support for all staff.
- Coordinator between the London Users and Group IT Security on all requests for systems access and to ensure that such permissions are provided promptly, are regularly updated and that the Group Access Matrix Protocol is followed at all times
- Preserve the Assets of the Bank by implementing Disaster Recovery and back up procedures and ensuring that the standards comply with Group requirements
- Provide IT support to ensure the smooth running of daily and periodic reports for the London Compliance team to ensure adherence to the Anti Money Laundering Provisions
- Overall networking equipment monitoring (i.e. Network Switches, Firewall and other appliances) and support
- To plan and carry out maintenance checks to ensure IT Operations, infrastructures are running smoothly and ensure daily routine task completeness
- To maintain the AYAYA PABX system and to ensure that the recording system is always up and running at all times
The following is a list of technical skills required for the role:
- Proficient in common operating systems
- Windows 10, Windows Server 2016 and above
- Redhat Linux based Operating System
- Software proficiency
- VMWare v6.7 and above
- Veeam Backup and Replication
- Symantec Endpoint Protection
- Symantec Endpoint Encryption
- ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus
- Microsoft Office 365
- Networking (IT)
- Cisco Switches and Routers
- Palo Alto Firewalls
- LAN/WAN Routing
- Dell PowerEdge Servers
- Dell PowerVault SAN Storage
- Project management
- Data analysis
Personal skills (Soft Competencies [Core/Leadership])
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (in English)
Strong stakeholder engagement
Bachelor or Master’s degree or professional qualification in relevant discipline (IT/Information Systems/Computer Science/Technology/Programming/Information Science/System Engineering/Computing)
The salary for this role is in the range £70K – £80K.
This is a 12 month FTC role.
Please send your CV to us in Word format along with your salary and notice period.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.technojobs.co.uk/job/3145454/senior-network-systems-engineer/→