Nigel Frank International
Please note this role does not provide Sponsorship – Valid Right to Work needed.
Reliability Engineer – £60,000 + Bonus + Benefits – UK, London (Office twice per week)
Want to do the best work of your life? Make your mark at Europe’s leading entertainment brand. Our people make us a truly exciting and inclusive place to work – a place where you can be yourself and let your skills shine.
“Reliability Engineering represents the beating heart of the Experience, delivered to millions of homes and devices across Europe. We are looking forward to welcoming a new recruit to our dynamic team.”
About the job
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
Do you want to be part of a team that ensures the performance of the digital fabric that has enabled a rapid transformation in the way the UK works and is entertained? If you thrive in an environment where no two days are the same, want to influence, create and work with exciting cutting-edge technologies, then this role could be for you.
Our team focuses on technology strategy, design and delivery. From OTT to 5G to Cloud, we work on the latest tech whilst building out our fixed and mobile networks. We’re bold, proactive, forward-thinking and collaborative. Together, we’re proud of the products and services we deliver for our customers.
As a member of the Content Delivery team within Communications and Infrastructure, you will ensure robust and resilient deployments of systems and applications, to deliver the latest entertainment experiences to audiences across Europe and beyond. You will be at the technical heart of content delivery services and the foundation of amazing customer experience.
What you’ll do
- Operate, optimize, troubleshoot and configure content delivery systems so that customers can enjoy the great content they love, among other services.
- Commission and run bare-metal, and cloud/virtual servers delivering web-scale traffic volumes and supporting key delivery infrastructure.
- Ensure effective monitoring and logging, on and off server, and connecting raw indicators to key metrics that our customers care about. Deploy & manage basic and advanced log processing systems, from syslog, ELK stacks to Clickhouse.
- Form/Operate CI/CD deployment pipelines with Jenkins or other tools to keep the content delivery best in class.
- Improve interfacing with data collection, analytics, monitoring, storage and reporting systems.
What you’ll bring
- Expertise as a sysadmin, ideally with RHEL/Centos distributions, with experience focussed on, for example: performance tuning, iptables, pinned repo’s, security hardening.
- Production familiarity with a range of virtualisation/container technologies using e.g., Terraform, Docker, LXC, Xen, LVM, VMware or Openstack with their Cloud equivalents at GC, AWS or Azure.
- Ability to network and secure bare-metal/VM/container systems, ensuring isolation, performance of applications and security considerations.
- Knowledge and practical understanding of TCP/IP, including IPv4, IPv6, DNS and HTTP. Knowledge of networking technologies such as BGP, or what a CDN is and does would be helpful.
- Experience of production-scale deployment and operation of open-source applications such as, Apache Traffic Server, Envoy, Squid, Varnish, HAProxy, nginx.
- A flair for producing clear documentation and diagrams and the ability to manage configuration, shell-scripts and markdown using git.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Benefits Package
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
How to Apply
Please apply to the role by registering your interest by emailing me at Click here to contact this recruiter or reaching out via Linked-In “Jamie Carter”.
Tags: #AWS #DevOpsEngineer #AWSEngineer #AWSSeniorEngineer #AWSDevOps #Remote #Terraform #Kubernetes #Docker #Ansible #Agile #CICD #seniordevopsengineer #londontechjobs #tech
Contact Name: Jamie Carter
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.technojobs.co.uk/job/3123547/reliability-engineer-london-60000/→