Aura Leisure & Libraries
Full Job Description
Leisure Attendant – (Swimming Teacher/Lifeguard)
Number of Positions available contracted – 8
Contracted hours vary between – 15 hrs and 37 hrs.
We are also recruiting for a number of relief positions (as and when).
Work locations – Jade Jones Pavilion Flint, Buckley Leisure Centre, Mold Leisure Centre
(We can offer a full training programme with mentor support and ongoing professional development).
- Setting up and taking down sporting equipment and preparation of area’s ready for use by the public as and when required, on time and in accordance with manufactures guidelines.
- Ensure the safe supervision of customers within the leisure facility
- Provide emergency response and first aid to customers as and when required.
- Clean as and when required ensuring a high level of hygiene and cleanliness is maintained throughout the leisure facility at all times.
- Undertake general maintenance of sports equipment as and when required.
- Provide teaching /coaching within the Learn to swim Programme and assist in the development of leisure centre programmes and special events including outreach work within the communities to increase participation.
- Provide information and advice to customers on leisure centre facilities and activities.
- Cover other team members breaks as and when required
- Completion of check sheets as per Normal operating Procedures
Education Good Standard of Education (GCSE) or
NVQ 2 (or equivalent) in one of the following:
a) National Pool Lifeguard qualification – Or willingness to complete the qualification within a given time period
b) Coaching, Swim Teaching or Willingness to complete a Swimming Teaching Qualification within a given time period
Experience Part of a sporting group / team, Teaching, coaching, mentoring or supervising small/large groups.
Skills Good customer service and communication skills
Other Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team, Friendly, Enthusiastic Personality
Education NVQ Level 2 Qualification in Sport and Recreation
NVQ Level 2 National Pool Lifeguard or First Aid Qualification
Experience Experience of working within the sports and recreation industry
Skills NVQ Level 2 in Customer Care
Other Knowledge of Health and Safety, Cleaning Procedures, Control Of Substance Hazardous to Health Regulations, Manual Handling Regulations and using Correct Lifting Techniques
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 15-37 per week
Salary: £9.50 per hour
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee discount
- Gym membership
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
- Sick pay
- Wellness programmes
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Expected start date: 30/05/2022
Application response rate: 59%
Hiring 8 candidates for this role
Posted 1 day ago
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://uk.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Leisure+Attendant&c=Aura+Leisure+%26+Libraries&l=Flint&jk=33a4c9c2820791af&rtk=1g285kqm6j7ab800&from=rss→