Schroders Personal Wealth
Schroders Personal Wealth combines over 400 years of expertise from two leading British companies – partnering to bring financial planning services to more people in the UK.
Schroders Personal Wealth combines Lloyds Banking Group’s significant customer base, multi-channel distribution and digital capabilities with Schroders’ investment and wealth management expertise and technology capabilities.
Our focus is on the personal relationship we develop with our customers, underpinned by our multi-channel customer reach and our global investment expertise. Our aim is to become a top UK financial planning business within five years.
The opportunity – Overview
As a Lead Salesforce Software Engineer in Test within our Architecture and Engineering team, you’ll work on cross-cutting automated testing initiatives, and within digital delivery teams on product delivery, in a “guilds and gangs” setup. You’ll be responsible for pushing forward our agenda of “shift left” quality control, and maximising our automated testing capability to reduce cycle time with no detriment to product quality.
You’ll champion automated testing across all parts of the technology stack and all stages of the SDLC, and articulate the benefits to both technical and non-technical audiences. You will mentor and coach testers and engineers to ensure your vision becomes a reality, with demonstrable benefits to throughput and quality.
We believe in an open and collaborative working environment, and we want you to draw upon your experience to establish this culture within engineering, whilst ensuring we don’t skip over our regulatory obligations around process controls.
What we’re looking for
- You have experience of testing Salesforce, understand fundamental Salesforce concepts and the customizable features that are being built into SalesForce.
- You can set up and execute tests, recording evidence on the Salesforce Financial Services Cloud and Marketing Cloud.
- You combine the mindset of a tester with both the desire and ability to put those tests into code for full automation, while being happy to perform a degree of manual, particularly exploratory, testing.
- You have experience in using web testing frameworks, for example Cypress.
- You have experience, and can describe the benefits of, automating testing throughout the tech stack, and at multiple points in the path to production. For example automated API testing.
- You are familiar with distributed version control systems like Git, and can describe the branching strategies you have used on previous and current projects.
- You can give examples of what you consider to be good practices in automated testing, and how you have tried to implement those practices in previous roles.
- You are happy working in an Agile delivery environment, interacting directly with other team members and stakeholders on a daily basis.
- You can describe how we could move from the test ice-cream cone anti-pattern to the test pyramid.
- Humble: you acknowledge your strengths, and also your weaknesses; you work for more than your own personal glory.
- Curious: you follow the latest technology developments, and explore ways they can be adopted.
- Creative: you think beyond the obvious.
- Thorough: you consider the full-picture, and understand that details can matter.
- Calm: you’re positive under pressure and happy to take the lead in challenging times.
You belong here
At Schroders Personal Wealth, we welcome all. All colours, cultures, genders, beliefs, religions, ages, people.
We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us meet our ambitions.
We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Schroders Personal Wealth is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact and reach their potential.
Work in a way that works for you
When it comes to flexible working, we’ll do our best to accommodate your needs with our flexible working policy. Please enquire in your interview.
What we’ll give you
You can expect a career that’s full of opportunity and support to help you develop. We offer a competitive total reward package, which means you share in the success you help create.
- A market leading defined contribution pension scheme.
- An additional 4% of your annual salary in a Flexible benefits package that you can select and pay for conveniently via a salary deduction or take as cash.
- 25 days holiday allowance plus bank holidays.
- An incentive scheme, based on the company’s performance and your contribution to it.
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age
Contact Name: Schroders Personal Wealth
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.technojobs.co.uk/job/3087865/lead-salesforce-software-engineer-in-test/→