As part of that programme of work, DDaT is delivering projects to improve the way the organisation operates and handles its information. To support this goal, the Lead Architect, is accountable to the Head of Technology & Development and is primarily responsible for leading a team of specialist Architects in the areas of technology, security, cloud and data architecture.
NHS Resolution is an arm’s-length body of the Department of Health and Social Care. We provide expertise to the NHS on resolving concerns and disputes fairly, sharing learning for improvement and preserving resources for patient care.
We are currently going through an exciting IT transformation led by the organisation’s Chief Information Officer. The Digital, Data and Technology Directorate, (DDaT) is an exciting high performing function with a challenging programme of work and a department structure aimed at progression, development and high operational and strategic outputs. As a result we are looking for talented DDaT professionals to join us on this journey.
- The post holder will be expected to attend meetings and technical forums and must have well developed communication skills. The post holder must be able to express and describe highly complex, multi-stranded, sensitive or contentious technical information effectively as well as produce and understand technical architecture diagrams and illustrations
- Contribute to IT strategic planning and to undertake the analysis, interpretation and comparison of highly complex problems and technical issues across a wide range of technologies projects and infrastructures.
- Assist with appropriate 3rd party contract service management such as maintenance/managed services/security.
- Responsibility for procurement of hardware and software assets within own business area
- Responsible for providing expert technical guidance and opinions at internal technology forums with a view to resolving business problems and dilemmas
- Develop and support software solutions using a range of technologies and tools.
- Proactively monitor of the network infrastructure and systems to ensure that services and systems remain secure and operational
- Provision and maintenance of infrastructure and systems to support the organisation’s new core systems programme.
- Research and produce option appraisals on new IT technologies, tools and standards and their application, in order to advise in the formulation of projects and programmes
- Manage and maintain systems, procedures and processes in line with defined operational standards and key performance indicators.
- The post holder has the autonomy to make decisions on the infrastructure service.
- Manage, develop and lead a team of specialist Architects and provide expert advice and assistance Participate in the Annual Performance Appraisal process, sourcing and undertaking training as identified in the Personal Development Plan. Formulate the same for staff
Education and Qualifications
- Computer science/information management and technology degree at Masters level, or equivalent relevant, experience, knowledge and expertise.
- Microsoft Certified Engineer or equivalent
- Management qualification or significant relevant experience.
- Project management qualification (e.g. PRINCE 2)
- ITIL Certified or equivalent
- Understanding of ISO27001
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to articulate, influence, persuade and motivate on service developments and best practice as subject matter expert
- Ability to analyze, diagnose, design, plan, evaluate and implement service and project deliverables.
- Solutions-focused attitude to technical and cyber security challenges Experience
- Previous experience of leading and managing an team of experts
- Previous experience of implementing interconnected projects
Knowledge and Understanding
- A wide degree of creativity and technical knowledge and understanding of current IT inclusive of Local and Wide Area Network principles and associated security.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of database and information system architecture.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Project, Visio, Virtualisation (HyperV and VMware) technologies.
- Detailed knowledge of Cloud based technologies
- Detailed knowledge of security, governance, implementation for both on premise & cloud based technologies
- Flexible working with commitment to travel to London or Leeds a minimum 1 day per week / 4 days per month
- Salary of £63751 – £73,644 (plus London Weighting of £6890)
- NHS pensions
- Flexible working
- Health and Social Security Recreational Association (HASSRA)
- Season ticket loan scheme
- Eye care vouchers for SpecSavers
- 24 hours employee assistance programme from Health Assured (EAP)
- Health service discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
To apply for this position, please submit your CV ensuring details of where you meet the essential criteria required for the role are clearly demonstrated. Application deadline is 23:55pm, on 8th September 2021
Contact Name: Hannah Baker
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.technojobs.co.uk/job/3006638/lead-architect/→