Our client who is based within the higher education sector, require a full-time and a part-time Laboratory Washroom Assistant on a temporary basis. The roles are Monday – Friday and will be based in Bearsden, with a pay rate of £9.30 per hour.
To provide clean and sterile material to customers, to collect and dispose of contaminated laboratory waste in a safe and legal manner. The role is an active one involving physical lifting and moving of large amounts of glassware.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use sterilisation equipment to ensure the provision of sterile laboratory glassware, media and contaminated waste disposal
- Operate glass washing machines to clean laboratory glassware
- Maintain laboratory consumables
- Dispose of SAPO waste as covered by legislation
- Collect glassware and contaminated waste from customers
- Collect and deliver laboratory laundry (lab coats)
- Provide general laboratory assistance to technical staff, for example, cleaning of benches
- Ability to follow both written and oral instructions
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good generic laboratory support skills
- Good communication skills.
- Basic IT skills
- Good numeracy and literacy
- Ability to follow general and specific instructions
- Accuracy and attention to detail
To apply, please visit the following URL:http://www.reed.co.uk/jobs/laboratory-washroom/44189147→