Governance & Authorisations – Chase UK
Here at JPMorgan Chase & Co., we know that people want great value combined with an excellent experience, from a bank they can trust. So we launched a new digital bank called Chase – to revolutionise mobile banking by creating seamless digital journeys that our customers love. For us, that means keeping ourselves customer obsessed and always being open to trying new things. Above all, it’s about working with people who are passionate about building the bank of the future.
Our team is at the heart of building this new venture, focused on developing offerings that put the customer at the center. We have created a new organization and we are looking for solution-oriented, commercially minded, customer-focused engineers, used to working in an agile environment who want to be a part of building something new from the ground up within a diverse and inclusive team.
Culture is as important to us and we are looking for intellectually curious, new technology passionate individuals who would like to expand their skills whilst working on a new exciting venture for the firm. Your work will have a massive impact, both on us as a company, as well as our clients and our business partners around the world.
SUMMARY OF ROLE/JOB DESCRIPTION –
The Governance and Authorisation team owns and implements the governance framework for the International Consumer Business (ICB); it has responsibility for regulatory, business, or strategic governance programs and initiatives that arise; licensing and authorisation applications; regulatory engagement; and the provision of Board and LOB related reporting and analytics. The Governance and Authorisations team works in close partnership with the business areas and functions aligned to ICB and the broader firm. This role will require someone who works well within a team, someone who is a self-starter, with strong attention to detail who thrives in a dynamic growing, fluid business.
In support of both local and corporate requirements, and in accordance with local business requirements, the Governance and Authorisations Associate will work closely with senior management to establish and maintain the end-to-end ICB governance framework and are involved in the licensing and authorisation processes for ICB.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- Governance support for ICB leadership meetings
- Executive management reporting
- Regulatory engagement & reporting
- ICB regulatory analysis
- Licensing and authorisation applications
- Governance and authorisation ad-hoc projects and initiatives
- ICB Governance and Leadership meetings
- Manage meeting (agenda, schedule, and logistics)
- Coordinate topics for presentations (materials and presenters)
- Compile materials for various meetings
- Prep for meetings with management
- Facilitate leadership meetings
- Document takeaways
- Track/Manage actions
- Track future agenda items
- Manage ad-hoc queries (from Control Managers, Audit, management, etc.)
- Point of contact for ICB Governance and authorisation projects/initiative
- Support new licensing and authorisation applications
- Coordination of regulatory responses
- Project management across a number of stakeholder groups
- Analytical review of new requirements impacting the business
- Collect and review inputs from LOB/Functional areas in support of new authorisation activity
- The candidate must be a self-starter who is able to work in a fast paced, results driven environment, and must be confident, detail oriented, and have excellent communications skills as the role will have global exposure, accountability, and responsibility.
- Financial services experience with background in Operational Risk, Controls, Legal or Regulators
- Highly motivated individual with excellent organizational, problem-solving, time-management, and relationship-building skills.
- Confident working in a high pressure, fast pace environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (communicate effectively at all levels of the organization)
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to summarize large amounts of information, and synthesize key messages to a senior audience
- Ability to influence people at all levels within the organization
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing business environment, assessing situations quickly, addressing conflicts and escalating issues where appropriate
- Demonstrate ability to work well across global groups in various lines of businesses and disciplines
- Strong skills in Microsoft Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Bachelor in business-related degree or commensurate job experience.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
Contact Name: Chase
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.technojobs.co.uk/job/3145046/governance-amp-authorisations-associate/→