Data Engineer London / WFH to £100k
Data Engineer (AWS Databricks Kafka) *Hybrid WFH*. Are you an experienced data technologist who enjoys working with and continually learning new technologies?
You could be progressing your career in a senior hands-on role at a “Tech for Good” company that is enabling life changing education to be accessed by millions of students across the globe (currently 22 countries and growing).
As a Data Engineer you will take a lead role in a small team, taking ownership of the data streaming pipeline and also working with the Data Scientist to productionise his ideas, continually driving product innovation. You’ll be working with a modern tech stack, primarily Kafka and AWS Databricks, but also with Scala, Spark, Airflow, Snowflake and a range of other tech (you don’t need experience with it all!).
The company are passionate about providing excellent education to students around the world and support a number of causes and cutting edge research projects that improve the way people learn.
Following a remote interview you can work from home most of the time, meeting up with colleagues in the London office once a week.
- You are an experienced Data Engineer who enjoys working with cutting edge technology
- You have a strong knowledge of SQL (ideally PostgreSQL)
- You have experience with data streaming pipelines (Kafka)
- You have AWS experience, ideally including Databricks
- You’re able to code with Scala (Java or Kotlin also fine)
- You have a good understanding of modern development environments e.g. CI/CD, TDD, Agile methodologies
- You enjoy collaboratively problem solving and are able to take project ownership and mentor others
As a Data Engineer you will earn a competitive salary (to £100k) plus benefits.
Apply now to find out more about this Data Engineer (AWS Databricks Kafka) opportunity.
Contact Name: Data Team
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.technojobs.co.uk/job/3147100/data-engineer-sql-cloud-tech-for-good/→