Here at JPMorgan Chase & Co., we know that people want great value combined with an excellent experience, from a bank they can trust. So we launched a new digital bank called Chase – to revolutionise mobile banking by creating seamless digital journeys that our customers love. For us, that means keeping ourselves customer obsessed and always being open to trying new things. Above all, it’s about working with people who are passionate about building the bank of the future.
Our team is at the heart of this new venture, focused on developing offerings that put the customer at the center. We have created a new organization and we are looking for solution-oriented, commercially minded, customer-focused Data Architects/Designers, used to working in an agile environment who want to be a part of building something new from the ground up within a diverse and inclusive team.Here at JPMorgan Chase & Co., we know that people want great value combined with an excellent experience, from a bank they can trust. So we launched a new digital bank called Chase – to revolutionise mobile banking by creating seamless digital journeys that our customers love. For us, that means keeping ourselves customer obsessed and always being open to trying new things. Above all, it’s about working with people who are passionate about building the bank of the future.Here at JPMorgan Chase & Co., we know that people want great value combined with an excellent experience, from a bank they can trust. So we launched a new digital bank called Chase – to revolutionise mobile banking by creating seamless digital journeys that our customers love. For us, that means keeping ourselves customer obsessed and always being open to trying new things. Above all, it’s about working with people who are passionate about building the bank of the future.
Culture is as important to us and we are looking for intellectually curious individuals with a passion for solving hard problems by using the right technologies to deliver impact. The ideal candidates would like to expand their skills whilst working on a new exciting venture for the firm. Your work will have a massive impact, both on us as a company, as well as our clients and our business partners around the world.
In this role, the candidate will form part of a centralized data architecture function. This is a hands-on role in helping to create various types of software to consolidate, normalize, unify, and track data from disparate upstream vendors and create a data platform for all downstream data applications. The ideal candidate will have a deep interest in data, modelling data (No-SQL, relational and dimensional) and in building cloud-based applications to help with various aspects of data management.
- Provide analytical support using SQL to measure KPIs or perform ad-hoc data exploration for business LoBs
- Gain familiarity with a variety of data sources including both event-stream data and tabular, relational data
- Help the LOB stakeholders innovate through data-driven decisioning by querying data and merging information from diverse data sources to create rich datasets that enable better decision-making
- Create a consolidated data model merging the various data sources ingested by the platform. This will involve creating a dimensional model.
- Work with other Analytics teams and multi-task on projects to summarize and synthesize data in a clear and logical manner
- Identify unexplored data opportunities for the business to unlock and maximize the potential of digital data within the organization
- Support ongoing technology evaluation process and proof of concept projects
- Create cloud-based applications to facilitate various aspects of data management (e.g. reference data management, master data management, data lineage).
- Some working experience as a data architect
- Technical expertise in creating Dimensional Data Models and database design
- Experienced in ELT/ETL processes, reconciliations, data pipelines creation and implementation
- Some SQL experience and ELT tooling experience like DBT or similar.
- Beginner/intermediate level experience of Python
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Experience with relational & non-relational databases utilizing SQL to pull and summarize large datasets, report creation and ad-hoc analyses
- Knowledge of modern MPP databases and big-data (Hadoop) concepts
- Knowledge / strong interest in developing expertise with various cloud concepts e.g. object storage, publish-subscribe data patterns
- Experience in agile reporting development and ability to interpret unstructured data and draw objective inferences given known limitations of the data
- Demonstrated ability to think beyond raw data and to understand the underlying business context and sense business opportunities hidden in data
- Ability to define and track project deliveries through to implementation
- Proactive/self-starter with the ability to deliver value-added support to business partners in a dependable, timely and accurate manner
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and coach other team members on coding practices, design principles, and implementation patterns that lead to high-quality maintainable solutions.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, agile environment within a geographically distributed team
- Ability to focus on promptly addressing customer needs
- Ability to work within a diverse and inclusive team
- Technically curious, self-motivated, versatile and solution oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
Contact Name: Chase
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.technojobs.co.uk/job/3145058/data-architect-associate/→