Position: Cloud Architect
Start date: ASAP
Duration: 3 month rolling contract
Location: Remote working
Currently seeking a Cloud Architect to be actively engaged within cloud programmes providing high level technical and low-level technical designs for cloud migration projects. The role will use existing discovery artefacts to aid with the future state architecture as well as being involved in the application migration project workstreams, using tools such as ASR/Azure Site Recovery, River Meadow, Carbonite.
This role is involved in all aspects of cloud technologies such as, but not limited to, compute, storage, security, DR, PaaS, migration tooling, networking. The role holder will be experienced in Hybrid cloud solutions as well as native.
The role will require presentations to the Technical Design Authority procedures, and client presentations/workshops.
The key responsibilities are:
- Supporting and encouraging Diversity and Inclusion within the team and the wider organisation
- Manage a team of cloud engineers with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities.
- Lead architect for cloud project workstreams, designing the appropriate cloud environments for clients, including health and other public sector organisations, to an Official Sensitive compliant standard
- Draft and completion of High-Level Design and Low-Level Design documentation
- Synchronisation of data and systems to migrate servers and applications to the cloud
- Building public cloud Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) cloud services and configuration using Infrastructure as Code and/or manual processes.
- Lead infrastructure and cloud consultancy engagements as an individual or leading a team for clients
- Conduct system validation and performance testing and compile runbooks and reports
- Analysis of applications and systems based on cloud and on-premises infrastructure and servers to define and execute migration run-books
- Remediation of infrastructure issues and support of testing prior to, and during, migrations and early life support for applications
- Root cause analysis of faults and identification and remediation of incidents
- Leading a delivery unit including engineers and other architects to deliver a migration programme deliverable
You will have an established track record of cloud architecture experience within the IT infrastructure sector, defining methodologies for build and application migration, standard artefacts and preferably, delivering to enterprise scale clients.
In addition, at least 3 years of experience designing solutions deployed using cloud technologies is key, you will hold at least one appropriate AWS and/or Azure professional certification.
If you’re interested, please send your updated CV and I will be in touch.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.
Contact Name: Reuben Smith
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.technojobs.co.uk/job/3085745/cloud-architect/→