Job Title: Research Coordinator
Location: Perry Green, Much Hadham, Hertfordshire SG10
Salary: £22,084 – 24,300 p.a. + 12.5% pension contribution and other benefits
Job type: Permanent, Full Time
Working Hours: 35 hrs/wk
Closing Date: 10am, Monday 25 October 2021
Interviews: Monday 1 November 2021 at Perry Green, East Hertfordshire
Working Hours: 35 hrs/wk
This is an excellent opportunity to work in an important role in a leadhenry ing arts organisation, within a friendly and team-focused culture.
The company was founded by Henry Moore in 1977 to encourage public appreciation of the visual arts.
As our Research Coordinator, you will support the Senior Curator of Collections & Research with the delivery of the Foundation’s research activities. Your duties will include researching artworks for the catalogue raisonné, in tandem with handling our research and review enquiry services; supporting the Foundation’s programme of scholarly events; contributing content to our digital platforms and other outlets; preparing information for publications; coordinating archive research visits and offering research support.
- Carry out collection research and coordinate materials for publication as required
- Manage all enquiries relating to the attribution of works by Henry Moore, carrying out relevant research and supporting the Senior Curator with the administration of the Review Panel meetings
- Research and update artwork records on the collections and catalogue raisonné databases with new information acquired through research enquiries
- Contribute content for the collection pages of the website and other forms of digital communications
- Give talks for public programmes
- Compile and proof texts and other materials for guides and interpretation
- Assist research visits to the archive, supporting scholars with their research and planning and supporting the Foundation’s programme of scholarly events
- Assist the Senior Curator with the organisation of research events such as conferences and public talk programmes
- Conduct and/or oversee appropriate research projects identified in liaison with the Senior Curator
- Support the Archivist with the delivery of the Oral History programme
- Any other duties that may reasonably be required
Our successful candidate will be educated to degree level in an arts or museum subject or have other relevant professional qualifications. You will have at least one year’s experience of working in a research role with knowledge of art historical and/or collections-based research and a keen interest in modern sculpture. Accurate visual presentation and attention to detail are vital for this role, along with excellent writing, proofreading and project management skills, and confidence in face to face communications.
The following experience, knowledge, skills and values are essential [E], or desirable [D], to fulfil this role. These criteria will be used to shortlist potential candidates so, when completing your application form, please give examples of these skills and experiences:
- A degree or equivalent level of study in an arts or museum subject [E], ideally History of Art [D]
- A demonstrable interest in modern sculpture [E] and the work of Henry Moore [D]
- Knowledge of art historical and collection-based research [E]
- At least one year’s experience of working in a research environment [E]
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills [E]
- Confident in face to face communications [E] and public speaking [D]
- Excellent project management skills, an ability to manage various and concurrent complex projects and to work to deadlines [E]
- Excellent attention to detail and visual presentation [E]
- Ability to work effectively within a team as well as independently [E]
- Competent in the use of collections/project management systems – ideally TMS or similar – and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and Teams) [D]
If you are excited by this opportunity and, having read the job specification, you have the skills and experience to henrymeet the requirements of the role, we would be pleased to receive an application from you. A recruitment pack and application form are available on our website.
Please click on the APPLY button and check your email for the full recruitment pack and job description to complete the application form.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Art Technician, Onine Monitoring, Investigator, Research, Researcher, Ground Operations, Digital Marketing, Social media, Communications, may also be considered for this role.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://jobs.theguardian.com/job/7456033/research-coordinator-/?TrackID=8&utm_source=rss&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=general→