6 Month Fixed Term Contract
USS, one of the largest private pension schemes in the UK is looking for 2nd Line Technical Support/End User Services Technician. You will be joining a busy but friendly team based in London. (EC2R8HP)
The role is a full time, Fixed Term Contract for 6 months and is offered with extremely generous benefits, enquire direct for more details.
As a member of the End User Services team, you will provide end user technical support across the USS & USSIM organisations. This role is based on-site in London and is an IT technical support role. The End User Services team sits between the IT Service Desk and the 3rd line service and is responsible for providing 2nd line technical support across both the Liverpool and London offices.
As the second line escalation point for all IT support queries the role will be responsible for completing and resolving service desk requests and incidents in a prompt and professional manner and providing excellent customer service to end users.
Other responsibilities of this role include hardware support, mobile phone support, meeting room support, printing and the completion of daily and monthly checks. The role will also be involved in the provision and replacement of corporate hardware.
End User support
- Updating and resolving service request tickets within SLA’s.
- Taking ownership of issues and requests passed from the service desk and ensuring issues are resolved.
- Providing comprehensive notes and analysis for issues passed to 3rd/4th line engineers.
- Troubleshoot Wintel based devices, telephony, software and printing issues.
- Ensure availability of the meeting room services through daily checks and issue resolution
- Incident investigation and resolution via the IT Service Desk management solution
- Escalating to 3rd party suppliers
- Documentation of procedures, root cause analysis and resolutions.
- Installation and configuration of IT hardware as required.
- Decommission of IT hardware as per documented procedures.
- To engage fully & effectively with the USS Technology Services Team.
- Provide full and effective communications to the End User Services Team Leader & the USS Business on the delivery of the support service
- Continuously improve knowledge and understanding across the various software and hardware technologies supported by the team.
- Always maintain a strong customer focus.
- Complete any project work or project tasks assigned as required, including but not limited to OS Upgrades, Mobile Device Rollouts, Configuration and Deployment of MTR equipment.
- Attendance to USS data center locations as require
- Troubleshooting, configuring, and supporting Windows operating systems to a high standard
- Office 365 user administration i.e. Exchange Mailbox creation
- ADDS with an end user focus (Active Directory, DNS, Group Policy)
- Supporting users using remote support tools such as RDP / Remote Console
- Troubleshooting IT hardware – laptops, desktops, AV equipment
- Basic understanding of networking and networking concepts such as firewalls and TCP-IP
- Experience of supporting Microsoft UC platforms such as Microsoft Teams
- Experience in a technical IT customer facing role with evidenced service improvement focus
- Strong technical knowledge of building various IT hardware
- Ability to diagnose hardware and software issues to quickly and effectively complete problem diagnosis & resolution
- Maintains accurate records of user requests, contact details and outcome.
- Experience of working in an IT environment and an understanding IT metrics and data
- Experience of supporting MS Offices products – Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
USS is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We recognise the diverse lifestyles and priorities of our employees and have reflected this in in the company’s Flexible Working Framework, which, wherever possible, supports employees to find a balance that works for them whilst ensuring we always put our members’ interests first.
Contact Name: USS
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.technojobs.co.uk/job/3127050/2nd-line-technical-support/→